Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Run To God

"And when they saw him, they pleaded with him to leave the region." - Matthew 8:34
I give regular talks to young professionals in Makati. One time, as part of my presentation, I asked if anyone might have questions. A young man raised his hand, stood up and asked, rather intensely, “Is it all right to get angry with God?”
I’d been serving Jesus for 23 years, and finished my Master in Theology with flying colors. I’d been a church leader for more than half my life. All these achievements came to my mind would help me to answer him. So, I looked in his eyes, smiled a bit and confidently told the group, “Ok, let’s have our closing prayer, please.”
I did not know what to say! And in times like this, I’m sure of one thing only – prayer. So I prayed silently.
When I was granted an answer, I looked at this young man again, and said, “Bro, I cannot say that you are wrong for being angry with God. I do not know what you’ve been through. I only have one answer – if you are mad at Him, go to Him still. When you talk to Him, bring with you your remorse for He will always understand… because He is your God.”
If you happen to be angry with God now, don’t run away from Him. Go to Him. Go to your God. He is waiting for you. Arun G.
Reflection: Have you been hurt in life? Where do you run to? Run to your God!
Lord, when I am hurting, I will run to You.
St. Bertha, widow and abbess, pray for us.

No comments: