Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Rejection

“But beware of people, for they will hand you over to courts and scourge you in their synagogues… Brother will hand over brother to death, and the father his child; children will rise up against parents and have them put to death. You will be hated by all because of my name.” - Matthew 10:17, 21-22
Who does he think he is? Negative thoughts come streaming through my mind as I talk to a rude individual about a business idea. I want to choke to life out of him. After all, I am younger that he is and yet I am as successful as he (if not more).
Can you relate? Rejection triggers a lot of negative reactions that reflect our internal issues: Pride, a hidden grudge, insecurity and so on…
Today the Lord talks about rejection, but the kind due to a much more noble cause: following Him.
If Jesus expects me to respond adequately to rejection to a godly mission, shouldn’t I do the same for secular ones?
Rejection is a unique “hands on” teacher in life. Obviously, humility is one of its lessons. It has brought me maturity - what won’t kill me will make me better. But most of all, it has increased my dependence and trust in the Lord.
Accepting rejection is painful but it is worth it. Ariel D.
Reflection: The first step is to decide to follow. The rest is an adventure with God’s grace.
Whether I am serving in ministry, doing my job or expanding my business, I am supposed to be Your follower. Thank You for Your immediate assurance: “You will be given at that moment what you are to say.”
St. Francis Solano, pray for us.

No comments: