Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Jesus Visits Our Home

Ephesians 2:19-22
Psalm 117:1-2
John 20:24-29
 
So the other disciples said to him, “We have seen the Lord.” – John 20:25
 
Jesus visited our home for my mom’s birthday last year. We invited our parish priest, Fr. Leo Acierto, to celebrate Mass in the house because my mom was sick and could no longer go to church.
 
It was touching just to see us gathered around the sala – just the priest, his assistant, Dad, Mod, my sister, her 3-year old son and me. We were seated comfortably on the sofas and celebrated Mass that way. No standing. No kneeling. Just lounging in our living room as if the family had gathered to chat and hang out.
 
I had a guitar and led the small congregation in singing. Somewhere during the Mass, I couldn’t help but get misty-eyed. And when Fr. Leo raised the host and proclaimed, “This is my body which shall given up for you,” I realized that the Lord had physically come into our home.
 
It’s not always that we have that privilege. But we can see and even partake of the Lord daily through the sacrament of the Eucharist. Don’t miss your chance to the see the Lord today. Though He may not physically visit your home, His presence in you will be more than enough to carry you go throughout the day. Rissa S.
 
Reflection: Do I recognize the Lord’s presence in the Eucharist?
 
Thank You, Lord, for giving Yourself to us in communion. Let me not take You for granted whenever I receive Your and Your blood.
St. Philip Minh, martyr, pray for us.

No comments: