Monday, July 2, 2007

Deliverance

Genesis 18:16-33
Psalm 103:1-4, 8-11
Matthew 8:18-22
 
“For the sake of those ten…” – Genesis 18:32
 
8-6232, 87000, 887-8888, 911-1111.
 
If you’re a Filipino you’ll know that all these are numbers of fast food companies that have delivery services.
 
And if you’ve ever called one of these, you would have experienced having to wait longer than you should have had to for you order.
 
There was this one time when we waited a whole one hour and 30 minutes for our food. I called at least 8 times – the first two times to the call center that took the order and the last few times to the actual branch that was in charge of delivering the food. I had threatened murder at least thrice. Okay, maybe I didn’t. But I did say that I refused to pay for the meals when they came.
 
And then the messenger arrived. He was a scrawny little kid who probably needs the job to pay for his tuition fee. When he told me that the payment will come from his paycheck. I handed over the money without speaking and tried to enjoy the by-now cold food.
 
If I can be merciful, can you imagine how merciful God can be? He delivers more than food. He delivered us from the bondage of sin and death. Victoria L.
 
Reflection: In what ways have you not shown mercy?
 
You sent Your Son, Lord, even if there were only ten people left who observed Your mercy. Your mercy knows no bounds.
 
St. Ariston and Companions, martyrs, pray for us.

No comments: