Acts 19:1-8
Psalm 68:2-7
John 16:29-33

“But take heart, I have overcome the world…” - John 16:33

As a kid. I’ve always wanted to be invincible. I’ve always dreamt of having the strength of Superman, the cool contraptions of Batman and telekinetic abilities of Aquaman. But I later realized that my comic book heroes did not have absolute invincibility. Each one has a weakness. Superman melts before Kryptonite. Batman is useless without his utility belt. Aquaman is powerless without water.

Let me introduce you now to a Superhero that I came to know when I was 12 years old. He has been my Superhero ever since. Yes, He is invincible. He made Kryptonite. He doesn’t need a utility belt and He walks on water. In fact, of all the Superheroes I know, only He claimed to have conquered the enemy. And the nice thing about this is that He is for real.

Jesus, my Superhero. He knows all my problems. He accepts me as I am. He laughs with me, cries with me, comforts me, heals me and He never leaves me. And when I am overrun by problems and the pressure of day to day living. He reminds me to “take heart” for He has overcome the world.

Are you looking for a Superhero? Try Jesus, He’s just a prayer away. Randy B.

Reflection: Have I put my trust in other heroes only to be disappointed? Is Jesus my Superhero? Do I call on Him for help?

Jesus, you are my Superhero. Teach me to trust you in everything I do today. And when I am overwhelmed by challenges of today, remind me that You “have conquered the world.”

Blessed Eugene de Mazenod, pray for us.