Saturday, June 9, 2007

I Offer My Life

Tobit 12:1, 5-15, 20
Tobit 13:2, 6, 7, 8
Mark 12:38-44

“But she from poverty, has contributed all she had her whole livelihood.” - Mark 12:44

Our parish has been undergoing construction for almost eight years now. Yup! You read it right. Eight years. In fact I think one of these days the finance committee might run out of fund raising activities. Initially the budget was P35 million, but since eight years have passed, it now costs P250 million to complete the whole project. At some point, I know that some of our parishioners have stopped donating for practical reasons. But some still continue donating as long as their names are announced before the final blessing or are mentioned in the parish bulletin for everyone to see.

A year ago, for the first time, I invested the last few bills in my wallet to buy a booklet for a fund raising activity. All I prayed for with all my heart was for the completion of our parish church, although we’d been constantly buying the same ticket every year. And guess what? We ended up winning one of the consolation prices - one sack of rice (first class)!

Well, God is good! Sure, that was my last money, but God has His ways of outgiving us. Marissa E.

Reflection: Trust in God’s provision. He never fails!

“What can we give that You have not given, and what do we have that is not already Yours? All we possess are these lives we’re living and that’s what we give to You Lord.” (from the song “I Offer My Life”)

St. Ephrem, deacon confessor, pray for us.

No comments: