Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Let's DOH It!

2 Corinthians 1:18-22
Psalm 119:129-133, 135
Matthew 5:13-16

“…if salt loses its taste…” - Matthew 5:13

I remember Dr. Juan Flavier saying, “Let’s DOH it” in that popular TV ad when he was still the secretary at the Department of Health.

That particular ad has stuck in my mind until now. Not only was it made funny by Dr. Flavier, its catch phrase was… well… catchy!

It always made me think of the proverbial saying, “Practice what you preach.” Indeed, we should do what we say in order for people to believe in us. In short, if you’ve promised it, then do it. Not practicing what you preach would be like picking up a packet of salt from the grocery shelf, only to find that when you use it in your food, it had been mislabeled - it’s not salt at all but sugar!

Give honor to your words. We should set good examples for others as the “salt and light” for all the mankind. Henry Y.

Reflection: How many times have I broken my promise by failing to do what I said?

Lord, help me remember to do the things that I’m supposed to do according to Your will.

St. John of Sahagun, conferssor, pray for us.

No comments: