Saturday, June 23, 2007

Simple Logic

2 Corinthians 12:1-10
Psalm 34:8-13
Matthew 6:24-34

“Aren’t you worth much more than birds.” - Matthew 6:26

I lay on a mattress on the floor of my empty condo having “renter’s remorse.” Earlier that day, I had just signed a one-year contract to rent this one-bedroom unit., Alone in the darkness and spending my first night on my own, anxiety began to creep in.

What if I can’t sustain the expenses?

What if I get unforeseen costs that I wasn’t able to factor into my monthly budget?

What if I lost my other sources of income?

What if…?

The questions were flooding like monsoon rain when an overpowering thought interrupted the barrage.

The Lord has never failed you even when you had other people you could depend on. Why should He abandon you now when you’re on your own?

Immediately, God’s stillness invaded my heart and mind. And I fell into a peaceful sleep that first night.

When you’re afraid, uncertain, doubtful that the good you expect will indeed come to pass, just stop and think for a moment. if God takes care to feed the birds, why would He allow you to go hungry? It wouldn’t make sense, right?

Sometimes, faith is nothing but simple logic. Rissa S.

Reflection: Are you glad to be human?

Your provision, Lord, knows no bounds.

St. Joseph Cafasso, confessor, pray for us.

No comments: