Wednesday, June 27, 2007

God Is At Work

Genesis 15:1-12, 17-18
Psalm 105:1-4, 6-9
Matthew 7:15-20

“Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.” - Matthew 7:19

“Are we going to have a prayer meeting on Monday, Ma’am Tess?” My officemates asked. “Let’s just have a short prayer and then proceed with the business meeting,” I replied.

It was a test.

They’ve been used to having first-Monday-of-the-month prayer meetings for more than three years now. But the number of attendees had been dwindling in the past months., despite the fact that the meetings are held during office hours. Participation of those who attend seemed lukewarm.

I conducted a survey, and the results revealed that majority still want to continue with the monthly prayer meetings. I organized ministries to handle the different functions. Many volunteered. There were suggestions on how to improve the quality of our prayer meetings.

It was so clear that the Lord still had work to do in our office. “Lord, let your work bear fruit,” I prayed as I offered myself to be used as His instrument. Often, that’s all He asks of us. Tess VA.

Reflection: Even if things seem hopeless, God is at work. Just trust.

Lord, help me to always believe that You are present in everything and in everyone, doing Your work silently.

St. Cyril of Alexandria, bishop confessor, pray for us.

No comments: