Thursday, May 31, 2007

Ex-Con

Zephaniah 3:14-18 or Romans 12:9-16
Isaiah 12:2-6
Luke 1:39-56

Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer. - Romans 12:12

“Wow, Sarah must be up in the clouds. She got acquitted! I wonder how much she gave as bribe to the lawyer,” a fellow inmate once said, sheer envy gleaming in her eyes.

So much time is spent by inmates of the Correctional Institution for Women talking about our yearning for freedom - especially when our parole is up for consideration at the Supreme Court. First five years pass, then 10, then 15, then 20! The yearning grows with each passing minute.

Finally, I tasted freedom. What I longed for the most was granted to me in 2005!

In the many years that I was imprisoned, it is true that I lost so many wonderful things… my looks, a chance at fame, many friends, and even my beloved husband. However, on the other hand. I also gained the best thing in life - a personal relationship with Jesus and a place as a warrior of Mary.

So am I an Ex-con? Absolutely.

Extra Concern is what I constantly receive from the Lord! Beth C.

Reflection: Whenever, wherever, what you hope for is available in His perfect time.

Grant us, Lord, the gift of hope that is everlasting.

St. Thomas Du, martyr, pray for us.

No comments: