Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Visitors

Acts 2:1-11
Psalm 104:1, 24, 31, 34, 29-30
Romans 8:8-17 or Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13
John 14:15-16, 23b-26 or John 20:19-23

“Whoever loves me will keep my word, and my Father will love him and we will come to him and make our dwelling with him.” - John 14:23

I would like to imagine that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are my visitors.

How do I treat them?

I dare not say that I am always a hospitable hostess. There are times, yes, when I am fully aware of their presence. I meet them regularly in my prayer time, in daily Mass, in the sacraments. But there are times when I don’t even pay attention to them. How many times have I failed to listen to their persistent knocking at my door and I pretend to be sleeping? Or how many times have I looked the other way when they wanted me to see some situation where I could help?

It is not easy to be a perfect hostess when one’s visitors are God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Human as we are, we will always fail. One thing never changes, though. No matter how unwelcoming we may sometimes be, our God never tires of wanting to dwell in us. Tess VA.

Reflection: Ho do you welcome the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in your life?

May I be Your perfect host always, Lord.

St. Frederick, bishop, pray for us.

No comments: