Friday, May 18, 2007

God Will Make A Way

Acts 18:9-18
Psalm 47:2-7
John 16:20-23

“…Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.” - John 16:23

We were on our way to a healing session by a Filipino priest who was known to have raised someone pronounced clinically dead. I was going to meet my six-year-old son and his nanny in the church so that my son could be prayed over. However, all roads going to the church were blocked and cars were parked everywhere. My husband and I decided to turn back. When I called the driver with my son to instruct him to turn back also, it was too late - the nanny and my son had gone inside the church to look for me.

The nanny was shocked to find the church jam-packed with people from the door to the altar. She didn’t know where to begin looking for me. Suddenly, two women approached her and told the people to let her through. The women led her to the very front where the priest was doing the healing.

Our other friends waited for hours for their turn to be prayed over while my son who just arrived was done in less than 20 minutes!

A lot of times we think that God doesn’t know what’s happening with us. The truth is He is thinking of us every single moment. He knows what we need ever before we ask. Ronna L.

Reflection: Have we surrendered all the desires of our heart to God?

When trials block my way, guide me, Lord, that I may reach the Promised Land.

St. Felix of Spoleto, bishop and martyr, pray for us.

No comments: