Sunday, May 6, 2007

Reflecting His Love

Acts 14:21-27
Psalm 145:8-9, 10-11, 12-13
Revelation 21:1-5
John 13:31-33, 34-35


"This is how all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."- John 13:35

When my son Rob was about two years old, he was as energetic as four kids combined. Our reward was his sweetness.

His smile can captivate anyone's heart. Without a warning, he would give a hug and a kiss. Every time I arrive home and he sees me, his eyes will beam with delight, he'll shout with glee, run towards Daddy, give me a hug and I forget the whole world. For a full five minutes or more he would embrace me tightly with his ear pressed on my chest as if listening to my heart. After that he will play around the house pulling me wherever he goes.

Somebody taught me that a "heart to heart" position when dad carries his baby creates an intimate relationship. Well, I didn't know he would be this sticky. I can't understand why he behaves this way until I seem to hear a voice that tells me, "If you want to understand your kid, don't use your close-minded adult mind. You have to be a kid, too."

Then, it dawned on me that in the eyes of Rob, Daddy means love. When Daddy is near, I will be carried, hugged, admired and cared for. Daddy is love. Rob just gave me my new life mission - to incarnate Jesus' very own love. By God's grace, may I fulfill it! Amen. Obet C.

Reflection: To the world, you might be one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

As I purify my heart to see You, Jesus, may others see You in me. Amen

Blessed Edward Jones, martyr, pray for us.

No comments: