Monday, May 7, 2007

The Power Within

Acts 14:5-18
Psalm 115:1-2, 3-4, 15-16
John 14:21-26


"The Advocate, the Holy Spirit that the Father will send in My name - He will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you." - John 14:26

I was scared to death. It was my turn to present a report in my masters' class. Our instructor was from UP and I was told that she has high standards and worse, that some of my classmates were hyper-critical. All the previous reports had been great. I started imagining what could happen: my teacher would frown in dissatisfaction and I might make a booboo and everyone would laugh.

Before I vanished in fear, I also remembered many things: it's my attitude towards the problem that worsens the problem; experience is just 10% of what happens and how I respond makes up the 90%; my husband, Obet, assured me that my report would be great; I have been speaking in prayer meetings since my youth: and that, "perfect love casts out all fear." (1 John 4:18)

Then I felt the fresh surge of confidence washing out my nervousness. I gave the report and did it well. My teacher nodded in approval.

Jesus was right, "the Holy Spirit... will teach you everything and remind you of all that I told you." (John 14:26). Let Him bring out the best in you! Joie C.

Reflection: Imagine what could you accomplish if you were not scared?

The One Who is in you is greater than the one who is the world! (1 John 4:4)

Blessed Rose Venerini, pray for us.

No comments: