Friday, May 4, 2007

One Way - Jesus

Acts 13:26-33
Psalm 2:6-7, 8-9, 10-11
John 14:1-6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life." - John 14:6


When I was a young preacher, I was invited to give a talk in a community located in the outskirts of Manila.

I was driving along and I remembered it was drizzling that night. At first, it was a little bit of a challenge searching for the place. But when I missed a turn, fear really got the better of me.

I kept on driving for nearly two hours, not knowing where to go. I kept on asking people for directions, but the more I asked, it seemed the farther I got from the place. I was becoming frustrated and tired. I wanted to go home. But couldn't. I was lost, remember?

I reckon I sang all the songs I knew that night. I sang even the songs that I didn't know, just to keep my sanity.

Then, it happened.

All of a sudden, without warning a van almost cut me off the road. It was a white, used van. I got furious. But when I saw the big bold words at the back of the van - "I AM THE WAY..." I knew it was God's guidance.

So I followed it, and I was right! It led me right to where I wanted to go.
That night, I gave the shortest but most powerful talk of my life. Arun G.

Reflection: Thank God for the challenges He allows in your life. For these are ways by which He reveals Himself anew.

Jesus, You are the Way, the Truth and the Life.

St. Sacerdos, bishop, pray for us.

No comments: