Acts 18:23-28
Psalm 47:2-3, 8-9, 10
John 16:23-28

“Until now you have not asked for anything in my name.” - John 16:24

I’m not guilty of “not asking in His name.” Ever since I learned that this priest friend of mine was on the brink of falling in love with a woman, I stormed heaven with prayers. Prayers for his enlightenment and guidance and, most of all, that he experience an inner conversion making Jesus his number one, and not number two, in his life. I offered my daily Masses for him as well as a daily novena to St. Therese of Lisieux, prayed one thousand “Hail Mary’s,” did an overnight vigil before the Blessed Sacrament…among many other prayers and sacrifices. I bet God wanted to answer my prayers because “the harvest is great and the laborers are few.”

But He will always honor what that priest wants to do with his life. As of this writing, he’s still a priest but I lost touch and I don’t know scores higher in his life right now. But I believe that the outcome of all this will be what is best - for him as well as for the church because, as the next verse says, “Ask and you will receive.” Cristy G.

Reflection: Are you asking in His name?

“Lord, those who are bowed down with burdens You lift up, and they do not fall because You are their support.” - excerpt from the “Confessions” by St. Augustine.

Blessed Peter Wright, martyr, pray for us.