Thursday, May 24, 2007

Falsely Accused

Acts 22:30; 23:6-11
Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11
John 17:20-26

…he was being accused… - Acts 22:30

My dad was the manager, cashier and in-charge of catering services of a popular restaurant during the 50s and 60s. Using his innate management and marketing skills, he was able to run the operations of the restaurant smoothly and bring in a lot of good business to the company. That may be the reason why the restaurant owner entrusted him with great responsibilities.

One day, my dad was called in to the owner’s office. The owner told him that he received a report that my dad was referring customers to another restaurant where my dad’s brother working as a cook. My dad denied the allegations and declared that he was innocent. But the owner remained suspicious oh him.

My dad resigned. He found another job in a cosmetics firm.

But after a few months, his previous employer asked him to come back and work for him again.

My dad learned that when he left, the restaurant has been mismanaged because no one was capable of handling his job. Besides, everyone found out who had spread the malicious report about my dad. God was good and just. My dad was proven innocent and got his job back. Judith C.

Reflection: Do you take care not to falsely accuse others?

When I am unjustly rated, be my justice, Lord.

St. Afra, martyr, pray for us.

No comments: