Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Yes, Lord!

Acts 15:1-6
Psalm 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
John 15:1-8

“If you remain in men and my words remain in you, ask whether you want and it will be done for you.” - John 15:7

I was elected as vice-president for finance in our village association. Last Easter I was able to organize our first-ever egg hunt. With the help of some friends I was able to solicit goods for the children. Well, I decided to lift up everything to God. And voila! I only asked five people for donations, each person to donate two packs of assorted candies and every time they called me back for pick up, they would hand me at least six packs! Suddenly, generous donors from nowhere donated eggs and plastic eggs too for the candies… but best of all, we were able to ask Jollibee to donate some burgers.
I accepted God as my personal Lord and Saviour last 1993. Not all my experiences have been like the one above, but even with trials from time to time, I try to treat them as God’s way of letting me know that I have a “big guy” to back me up. Now that is what I call a blessing! Marissa E.
Reflection: Are you ready to entrust your life to God?
Lord, beginning today I fully entrust my life into Your hands. You’ve always known what’s best for me. Thank You for answering our prayers.
St. Beatus of Vendome, missionary, pray for us.

No comments: