Saturday, May 5, 2007

You've Got Connections!

Acts 13:44-52
Psalm 98:1, 2-3, 3-4
John 14:7-14
"If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it." - John 14:14

"Brother," this very kind man came up to my husband, "if you need anything in Makati, you know where to find me. Just mention my name to anybody in the bureau."

Boy I tell you, I wanted to blurt out, "Thank you so much, bro. Please don't resign anytime soon."

The man said it with so much assurance; I felt my husband could "conquer" the city!

Perhaps you have found yourself in situations like this.

A friend at this institution offers help so you won't need to queue. An acquaintance knows someone in the municipal hall who can expedite documents.

It surely pays to have "connections." Now, my Heavenly Connection should make me gazillions of times more confident about anything I ask for!

I can feel the certainty with which Jesus speaks. I can almost see His eyes looking straight into mine - "You need anything? You want to ask my Dad? You've got me! Ask in My name, and it will be yours! I'm telling you - anything!"

And the even greater thing is, because the One we ask loves us like nobody else can, we can be prepared for the perfect answers to our prayers. Lallaine G.

Reflection: My friend, how good are you at asking?

Thank You Lord that I can run to You and ask! You are the Perfect Answer to my every prayer.

St. Aventinus, hermit, pray for us.

No comments: