Sunday, May 20, 2007

Legacy Of Hope

Acts 1:1-11
Psalm 47:2-3, 6-9
Hebrews 9:24-28; 10:19-23
Luke 24:46-53

“Why are you standing here looking at the sky?” - Acts 1:11

On the last dat of my father’s funeral in 1989, I felt a sudden surge of sadness knowing that I would never see him again. I stayed for as long as I could near his casket and gazed at his lifeless body. I didn’t want him to go. It was just too difficult.

Later, after the burial, a few of my father’s friend approached me and consoled me, saying that my father loved me so much and he was so proud of me. It was indeed a consolation and I held on to it to help me move on.

Jesus’ ascension is not supposed to be a sad occasion. It was a great miracle and the basic foundation of our faith as Christians. Jesus did not leave us empty-handed. He sent us the Holy Spirit to guide us in moving on in life as we await for the day when we will see Him again. Jane G.

Reflection: It is time for us to “stop gazing” and get to work for the Lord.

Bless me, Lord, that I may be a good witness.

St. Anastasius XIII, bishop, pray for us.

No comments: